Books About Alternative Processes
These books contain useful information, often with illustrations, about Liquid Light and other innovative darkroom techniques.
The newest is Jill Enfields 2020 book, see below.
- "Advanced Photography" by Michael Langford. Published by Focal Press, Inc. Elsevier Science/Harcourt, 200 Wheeler Road, 6th floor, Burlington MA 01803.
- "Alternative Photographic Processes" by Kent E. Wade. 180pgs. Published by Morgan & Morgan, Inc., 145 Palisade Street, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522.
- "Artistic Photographic Processes" by Suda House. 145pgs. Published by American Photogaphic Book Publishing, an imprint of Watson-Guptill Publications, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
- "Creative Darkroom Techniques". 100pp. Published by HP Books, P.O. Box 5367, Tucson, AZ 85703.
- "Darkroom Dynamics" by Jim Stone. 207pgs. Published by Routledge; 1st edition
- "Jill Enfield's Guide to Photographic Alternative Processes: Popular Historical and Contemporary Techniques" by Jill Enfield. 374 pgs. Routledge, 2020; 2nd edition
- "New Dimensions in Photo Processes" by Laura Blacklow. 375pgs. Published by Routledge; 5th edition
- "Photographic Materials and Processes" by David Brooks. 160pgs. Published by H.P. Books, P.O. Box 5367 Tucson, AZ 85703.
- "Photographic Possibilities " by Robert Hirsch and John Valentino. Published by Focal Press. Elsevier Science/Harcourt, 200 Wheeler Road, 6th floor, Burlington MA 01803.
- "Silver Gelatin-- A User's Guide To Liquid Photographic Emulsions" by Martin Reed and Sarah Jones. 144 pp. Published by Amphoto Books, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
- "The New Photography" by Catharine Reeve & Marilyn Sward. 241pp. Published by Da Capo Press, a subsidiary of Plenum Publishing Corporation, 233 Spring Street, New York, NY 10013.
- "The Morgan & Morgan Darkroom Book" edited by Algis Balsys and Liliane DeCock-Morgan. 221pp. Published by Morgan & Morgan, Inc., 145 Palisade Street, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522.
- "The Printed Picture" by Richard Benson. Published by Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY, 2008
- "Workbook of Darkroom Techniques" by John Hedgecoe. Published by Focal Press. Elsevier Science/Harcourt, 200 Wheeler Road, 6th floor, Burlington MA 01803.
These copyrighted instructions are provided as free information to the general public. Copying or duplicating all or part of these instructions for other than individual use is prohibited. Rockland Colloid LLC does not warranty any of the information presented in any way. Use appropriate caution when handling all chemicals.
Room Light Processes
SAFETY DATA SHEETS (SDS)
- Liquid Light Emulsion
- Ag-Plus Emulsion
- FA-1 Sensitizer
- Halo-Chrome Silver Toner
- Printint Colorants
- Polytoner Toners
- Tintype Parlor Kit
- Tintype Developer (Part 1 Dektol)
- Tintype Developert (Part 2 Sodium Sulfate)
- Tintype Developer (Part 3 Ammonium Thiocyanate)
- Blueprint (Cyanotype)